Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Reason to Celebrate!

Psalm 13
1 How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?
3 Look on me and answer, O Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me.


I believe many of us have been in such circumstances whereby you just felt so helpless and weak, so troubled and sad. The overwhelming sorrow in your heart causes the floodgates to open and all you can do is to cry and cry and cry. God seems to be so distant, and you question God, "Where are You?"

Perhaps you have a broken family, a broken relationship, or someone dearest to you just died. Perhaps you have just met with a failure; a massive debt you have incurred is haunting you. Your future looked so bleak, your life seemed so pointless; you are at the deepest valley.

King David experienced this too. Verses 1-4 tells us the difficult situation he was in and the sorrow and desperation that he felt during those days. He questioned God in his desperation, "Why, why is all these happening? Where are You? Are you going to help me?"

Yet, what did King David do after expressing his immediate emotions? He rejoiced and sang praises to God. More than that, he celebrated. A celebration in the midst of a difficult situation - that's surrender. King David celebrated because God had helped him so many times in his life and he knew that God was going to come true for him once again despite the tough situation he was facing. He celebrated because he trusted God when God said that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He celebrated because He knew that God's plan was the best for him. He celebrated because he knew that God was with him.

Whatever that God says He is, He is. It is up to us to believe it or not. God cannot do anything if you don't believe that He can. King David did and God help him. What about you?

A father will never leave his child alone. The cries of the child will soften the father's heart, and the joy of the child will bring joy to the father. When a child celebrate, his father will also celebrate. If you dance and sing before God, He will take you by His hands and dance and sing with you.

How can we not celebrate when we know that God loves us and He will ALWAYS be with us? How can we not celebrate when we know that the greatest of all is for us?

How can we not celebrate?
How can we not celebrate?

No comments: