Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Life: "Honor Your Father and Your Mother..."

Deuteronomy 5:16
“Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you.”


The moment I rededicated my life to Jesus, God gave me this desire to speak to my parents about my conversion. One night, God rained down His Holy Spirit upon me, and there was this urgency to tell my parents the truth. Lying to my parents in order to go to church is not honoring God, nor is it honoring my parents. That night, I cried out to God and I prayed that as I reveal the truth to my parents, all will go well with me; that I will not receive huge rebuke from them. I was very afraid, and I asked God for His peace that transcends all understanding to guard my heart and my mind. I also asked God to teach me what to say when I speak to my parents.

After much praying, I took my first step. I approached my father and told him that I have already received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. To my amazement, his reaction was far from what I had expected; it was not of hostile intent but rather, just a simple “Ok”. He accepted the fact that I had converted, that I had given my life to Jesus, the One he was against initially. God had planted the seeds in his heart. My mum too, accepted this very fact. I went on to confess about me lying to them in order to go to church. They weren’t angry at all. Praise God.

Not only did Jesus lift the biggest burden (of not speaking the truth) from me, He molded me to become more like Him. I became more obedient to my parents, and for the first time in my life, I bought birthday gifts for them. I felt this strong desire to love and take good care of my parents. My parents saw the changed in me. My mum began to talk to my relatives about this change in me after I accepted Jesus. I was shining for Jesus!

I knew I am drawing closer and closer to God everyday. I was very determined to serve God all the days of my life. I attended the New Believer’s Class, and was really on fire for Him. I attended the baptism class after that and was baptized. I began to serve in Soundlight Ministry, and became a member of Lighthouse Evangelism. Recently, I joined a cell group despite the hectic schedule of army because Jesus is more important than anything else.

Matthew 6:33
“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”

No comments: