Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

Isaiah

I have never told anyone about my christian name. I will feel kind of uneasy if someone were to know this name. Recently, I have this friend who asked for my christian name and I refused to tell him. I believe he was pretty irritated by my refusal to give him my name. Then he said something that made me reflect on what I have done. He said something along these lines: "Are you ashamed of your name? Your name is given by God. Being ashame of your christian name is like being ashamed of God." What he said made me feel so uneasy and guilt-stricken. There was no peace in my heart. I prayed to God and asked for His forgiveness, and God opened my eyes and allowed me to understand why He gave me this name, Isaiah.

Isaiah means "God is Salvation."

Ever since I was saved by God's grace, I had been worrying about my family's salvation. It came to a point where I would doubt God, wondering if He would ever save my family. Sometimes, I was so eager for their salvation that I would criticise their beliefs. I knew I had hurt my parents and was behaving in an ungodly manner, but i was becoming impatient with their salvation. "God, when are You going to save them? Can't You just make them believe now?" This was what I was thinking.

For this very reason, God gave me this name, Isaiah. He wants me to understand that Salvation comes from the Lord, not from my impatience, not from my eagerness, and above all, not from me. Only Jesus can save my family! Who am I to worry? Who am I to be impatient?

IT'S ALL IN GOD'S HANDS!

Isaiah 55:8-9
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts; neither are your ways My ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."


Indeed, God's ways are higher than my ways, because only He knows the right time for my family's salvation. God must have greater plans regarding my family's salvation and I know that He will bring them to salvation because He will make all things work out for our good. Praise God. Come to think of it, God has been training me to shine for Him in my household. I have become more patient, my trust and faith in God is building up, and I have learnt to seek first His kingdom. I know that one day, me and my household will praise and worship Jesus together, and for all the days of our lives!

I thank God for this particular friend of mine, because His testimony about His family has greatly touched me, and I know that one day, my family will be like his too. I would love to see this happening, where there is true love for one another, the kind of love Jesus showed us through the Cross of Calvary. Thank You Jesus!

No comments: