Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Delight in My Weaknesses

Have you ever felt so useless, so weak, that there is nothing that is good about you? Or have you ever been faced with constant failures that made you ponder over your purpose in life? Do you frequently bombard yourself with questions like "What on earth am I here for?", "What can I do? I have no strengths!", "Why can't I just do things right? Am I that useless?"?

Often, we dwell too much on our weaknesses and incapabilities. The circumstance may not be as bad but because of our inability to get up when we fall, these negative thoughts will take control over our minds. Sometimes, even a small mistake/failure can cause you to feel completely useless and weak. We cried out to God to help us with our weaknesses but nothing seemed to have changed - We remained as weak as before. As a result, we begin to question and doubt God.

Let's see what the bible has to say about this:

2 Corinthians 12:9
But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weaknesses." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.


2 Corinthians 12:10
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


It is because you are weak that Christ is strong. It is because you are weak that when you accomplished something you think you cannot do, it will be very obvious that it is not by your own strength, but by God's. It is because you are weak that the world will see God's power in you. It is because you are weak that God can use you as a testimony to His presence, His love, His everything. It is because you are weak that God can come in a mighty way to bless your life more abundantly.

Yes, you can be the most useless guy in the eyes of this world, but in God's eyes, you are the most useful guy because God can use you to show the world what He can do to a guy they think is useless. Jesus can use your weakness to reach out to the lost souls. That through you, Jesus is glorified!

Therefore, instead of allowing the devil to use those negative thoughts to draw you away from God, you should delight in your weaknesses because Christ's power will rest on you. Nobody says that your weaknesses will go away. Jesus knows that it is difficult to delight when all this while you have been hurt by your incapabilities, but Jesus said He will make a way for you.

Have faith in God; He keeps His promises!

No comments: