Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

A Year of Transformation

"If you want to see something that you have never seen before, then you must do something that you have never done before. But if you do something that you always do, then you will see what you have always seen."
- Pastor Ed Silvoso, in the recently concluded Transformation Conference '09


In the beginning of this year, God impressed upon me that this year will be a year of transformation for me, that He will work mightily through my life, raising a strong warrior for His Kingdom. I was excited of course, and started off this year feeling good and hopeful about it. I was so determined at first, but lost that fire halfway through.

In God's perfect plan for me, He reminded me that He is going to do a new work in me. This was what happened.

Chris told me that his twin brother, Ben, had just won the top award in his unit. This wasn't any ordinary award because his unit had the toughest trainings and they were considered as the cream of the crops in the entire organisation. The best amongst the cream, that makes the award so special. I am very inspired by Ben because he always strives to give his best for the glory of God and it seems like nothing can stop him from doing that, NOTHING. His life is a testimony of God's grace and power, and the songs that Ben wrote reflects all that.

In his song "Things That Matter", he wrote "help me be the best that I can be, every single day" and here he is, giving his best for our great God every single day. What a great testimony and inspiration.

As I was reflecting, God led me to last year, when He placed Chris into my life. It was my first time seeing someone who was (and still is) so real to God. Through the tough times, Chris never gave up. I was a chaotic and messed up guy then and had caused him much distress and yet, he continued to shower God's love upon my life. He may not be perfect (none of us are) but He was shining so brightly in the kingdom of darkness, planting seeds of love in the lives of many, including me. If it weren't for his persistent prayers and faith in God that He will do something about my life, I don't think I will be who I am today.

God does have an interesting way of doing things. He sent this amazing twins into my life to show me that God is indeed in the business of transformation and my life can also be a testimony and inspiration to the lives of many if only I believe. That very day after the conference, I decided to make a decision for God - to give my best every single day of my life.

Through the lives of Chris and Ben, God showed me that He can do the same thing in my life. How can I reject this amazing offer that God has given to me? A year of transformation? Yes, this will be a year of transformation for me. As Pastor Ed said in the quote above, I will do what I have never done before (to give my best every single day of my life) and God will let me see things that I have never seen!

No comments: