Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Life: Salvation!

11 March came as a perfectly normal day, with the usual routines going on. Surely none would expect anything extraordinary to happen. Yet, it did happen. It was this day that I received Jesus as my Lord and Savior. It was this day that I opened my door and He entered and supped with me. It was this day that I confessed that I am a sinner, and only God can forgive me of all my sins, and give me a brand new life.

I didn’t receive my salvation in church, and I didn’t have to, because God is omnipresent. He isn’t confined to church only. I received a call from Lighthouse Evangelism when I was at home. The lady called to do a follow-up, asking me if I had been attending church. I told her that I have been attending regularly for the past few months. She was surprised and asked me if I had accepted Christ into my life. My response was “No” and immediately, she asked me if I believe that Jesus is the true and living God. “Yes” was my answer and she requested to lead me in the salvation prayer. I was hesitant, my mind was in a big confusion, but somehow, I knew that I had to say it because I need God in my life! I wanted my life to change once and for all! And so, I said the Salvation Prayer. Thank God I did!!!

I felt this excitement after I said the prayer. I knew my life would be totally changed by the power of God! I felt great! However, I kept this incident from my parents…

Next: My Life: The Diminishing Fire

No comments: