Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Always Before Me

Our God never fails to surprise us with His amazing love for us. As I was reflecting, I realised that it's always about me in Jesus' eyes so that it will always be about Him in our eyes. He is always before me so that I can see the signs and wonders that followed after Him.

Even before I knew God, He knew me and prepared the way for me to believe in Him. Even before I loved Him, He allowed me to experience His love, a love that I have never received from my family. Even before I fell off the cliff of sins, He was right at the bottom, with arms wide open, waiting to catch me. Even before I made up my mind about Him, He made up His and went to the Cross.

As Ben Seow of Ebenezer wrote in his song "Where Do I Run":

"Before I saw You, You saw me
Before I chased You, You chased me
Before I made up my mind, You made up Your mind about me"

At the Cross, what Jesus saw wasn't just the crowd that's before Him; He saw a life that needed a love that this world could not provide. He saw a need to give to this precious life that was created by Him. He saw a soul that was blinded by darkness, needing His light to guide the way. He saw a sinner saved by what He would do on that Cross. He saw me.

1 John 4:10
"This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."

No comments: