Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Chains Are Gone Part 2

Matthew 19:26
"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."


We cannot overcome addictions with our own strength. We need to partner with God, who is our strength, who has already given us the victory at the cross of calvary.

2 Timothy 1:7
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."


When you come before God, don't come with a spirit of timidity. Why should we come begging and hoping when we already know that God will help us. Instead, come boldly but not arrogantly before the throne of God, and declare in the mighty name of Jesus that God has broken the chains of addiction in your life!

Look at the bold declarations in 1 Corinthians 15:55:
"Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?"


God wants us to boldly declare the victory that He has already given us. And when you do, feelings no longer come into play. It's Faith. And what did the bible says about faith?

Matthew 17:20-21
"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."


Dare to believe - that's how God want us to pray. You may not feel any difference, and you may even think that how will your addiction disappear just like this. Don't let logic create disbelieve in you because our logic is not the same as God's logic. God's logic is our impossible. But if you allow your disbelieve to take control of you, you are basically locking yourself with the very same chains that God has already broken for you.

We are co-heirs with Jesus Christ. We will be rulers in heaven. If you can't rule (with God) over your addictions, how then will you be able to rule in heaven?

Revelation 2:7
"To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God."

Revelation 2:11
"He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death."

Revelation 2:17
"To him who overcomes, I will give give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it."

Revelation 2:26-28
"To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations...just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give him the moning star."

Revelation 3:12
"Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name."

Revelation 3:21
"To him who overcomes, I will give him the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne."

No comments: